Key challenges in the maritime industry / shipbuilding
- strong vibrations of several G,
- mechanical strength,
- water vapour dew-points,
- acid dew-points,
- extreme temperatures
- many types of dust
- legal requirements (ie. emissions control and reporting).
Operations and their requirements for extractive gas analysis are numerous as indicated in the box above - typically used at catalytic converters, scrubber or filters. Gas analysis plays a significant role in process control and management. The main function of process control is to optimise the whole process with regard to energy and material usage as well as environmental impact:
- Evaluation and management of a production process
- Influence of measured parameters on key operational performance
- Critically important gas compositions i.e. for energy consumption (fuel/air ratio)
- Risk and hazard management associated with toxic gases
- Knowledge of reaction yield through by-product analysis
- Information about corrosive gases for plant asset protection
Operating conditions are influenced by an environment of fluctuating raw material composition and changing process temperatures. Varying gas humidity, toxicity and corrosivity present further challenges.
M&C products provide
- Conditioning of gases from manufacturing processes
- Appropriate corrosion proof and temperature resistant materials
- Filtration technologies for all expected particle sizes
- Mitigation of adverse affects of acid and water dew-points
- Fulfillment of all requirements for cooling and filtration of acids
- Management of water vapor and acid dew-points for analyzer requirements
- Associated optimisation of sample gas pumps and filters
- Also, liquid and flow alarms from one single supplier
M&C engineers are expert in most of the different processes in maritime industry and especially shipbuilding. They are highly skilled in recognizing the measurement duty, assessment of problems and will work closely with the customers to deliver the best gas analysis solutions. Renowned characteristics of M&C products are.
- Low maintenance and reliable operation
- Durable products and systems
- Rapid cost benefit through extended life-cycle
- Modern and application-specific solutions
- Specialist explosion-proof design
In practice, different options may be available to achieve the required goals. To discuss the most suitable solutions to meet your specific needs and technical requirements, we would welcome your personal contact at any time.
M&C – Embracing Challenge