Key challenges at waste incineration plants
- dust generation,
- uneven particle size distribution,
- water vapour dew-points,
- liquid solubility,
- acid dew-points,
- extreme temperatures,
- legal requirements (ie. emissions control and reporting).
Gas analysis is used in every major process at waste incineration plants, from the combustion zones, to waste gas cleaning, until final emissions to atmosphere. The main function of process control is to optimise the whole process with regard to Analytical systems provide important information on the characteristics and quality of the process. Incineration processes can proceed in an environment of fluctuating and extremely high temperatures. Varying gas humidity, acid dew-point and corrosivity present further challenges, as do high dust concentrations and uneven particle size distribution.
- Evaluation and management of a production process
- Influence of measured parameters on key operational performance
- Critically important gas compositions i.e. for energy consumption (fuel/air ratio)
- Risk and hazard management associated with toxic gases
- Knowledge of reaction yield through by-product analysis
- Information about corrosive gases for plant asset protection
Analytical systems provide important information on the characteristics and quality of the process. Incineration processes can proceed in an environment of fluctuating and extremely high temperatures. Varying gas humidity, acid dew-point and corrosivity present further challenges, as do high dust concentrations and uneven particle size distribution.
M&C products provide
- Conditioning of gases from manufacturing processes
- Appropriate corrosion proof and temperature resistant materials
- Filtration technologies for all expected particle sizes
- Mitigation of adverse affects of acid and water dew-points
- Fulfillment of all requirements for cooling and filtration of acids
- Management of water vapor and acid dew-points for analyzer requirements
- Associated optimisation of sample gas pumps and filters
- Also, liquid and flow alarms from one single supplier
Waste incineration is an aggressive industrial process and strongly influenced by varying waste input. Robust gas conditioning requirements in combustion zones contrast those for compliance for emissions measurements due to prior conditioning of the gases in waste gas cleaning steps.
M&C engineers are expert in most of the different processes at waste incineration plants. They are highly skilled in recognizing the measurement duty, assessment of problems and will work closely with the customers to deliver the best gas analysis solutions. Renowned characteristics of M&C products are.
- Low maintenance and reliable operation
- Durable products and systems
- Rapid cost benefit through extended life-cycle
- Modern and application-specific solutions
- Specialist explosion-proof design
In practice, different options may be available to achieve the required goals. To discuss the most suitable solutions to meet your specific needs and technical requirements, we would welcome your personal contact at any time.
M&C – Embracing Challenge